The crypt of St Marylebone church was last used in 1853, when its entrance was bricked up. In 1980 the church authorities decided to re-use the crypt for the living. Three years later, and with appropriate authority, over 850 coffins were reburied at Brookwood, in the area surrounding this memorial. Like the other church reburial sites at Brookwood, the memorial records the date of the reburials but not the names. A full list of names is held in the parish office at St Marylebone. In 1987 the crypt was opened as a Healing and Counselling Centre by the Prince of Wales.